Friday, February 17, 2012

Just a Little Heart Attack

This video is near and dear to my heart.  No so much for the fact that it reminded me EXACTLY of my morning routine (minus the husband and - thankfully - minus the actual heart attack), but because I have had issues with high blood pressure that I wanted to ignore, or pass off, or deny.  Twice in my life I was diagnosed with severe hypertension.  Tests were run, family history taken.  There was nothing anyone could point to . . . other than stress. 

I was medicated  . . . and I HATE medicine!  But hearing the doctors tell me that if I kept ignoring it or refused to take the medication, I very likely would suffer a stroke, annurism, or death before I was 40 (leaving my kids all alone), made me stop and listen. 

It's hard to beleive, when you are a "super mom" that anything aside from a broken leg could keep you down; that unless you are bleeding from your ears, there must not be anything wrong with you.  I know MANY, MANY of you out there can relate, and I don't want to lecture.  But I do want to remind you . . . if you are dead, you canNOT help your kids anymore.

Please watch this - and laugh!  And then listen - and take it seriously.

No comments: