Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Merry Mondays: Permission to Not Do Anything

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1475582/A friend of mine recently explained to me that in her therapy, she has been told to work on giving herself permission to NOT DO ANYTHING.  I love this idea because when you are a single mom you don't get a whole lot of permission to just do nothing.

So . . . yesterday, I was feeling overwhelmed (what's new) with continued nonsense from the X (via lawyers), and work and life (when did all those damn wrinkles appear around my eyes?!)

I was then feeling pressured by my own new idea to use these structured posting topics for my blog (jury is still out on this one).

Yesterday I had late meetings at work, took the kids to Target to spend some of their allowance  (because I had pinky promised them for three days now), then took all three to a Cub Scout Jamboree (still not sure I need to add this to my plate too) and finally got home at 8:15pm.  We finalized homework, had snacks, brushed teeth, washed faces and hands, and got everyone nicely in to bed (honest!). 

Then, it occurred to me that I had neglected my Merry Monday post and I wasn't feeling especially Merry at the moment.

So . . . I gave myself permission to sit on the couch, eat pretzels, drink hot cocoa and watch reruns of Sherlock on Netflix (I am so totally hooked and I can't decide if I have a bigger crush on Sherlock or Watson). 

Permission to veg making for a Merry Monday?  Elementary, my Dear Watson.  Elementary.

2 comments:

beyond diapers said...

like!

twisterfish said...

Everyone needs permission to sit on the couch, eat pretzels, and drink hot cocoa. It's a necessity!